Wednesday 20 February 2013

Chubby Bunny's How to Dukan Diet

I am very much skeptical about this diet, but it's easy enough to follow, unlike the GM Diet where the meal plan is specific to the T. I eat protein, prepared with no oil or fat, for 5-7 days. Ok! And there's a list to follow, great!

Lucky enough for me, the proteins I enjoy the most are tofu, fish, chicken and eggs. SCORE.
This means I can make chicken or fish stock and eat that with any combination of the proteins. I really love tofu in broth or egg-drop soup, so that satisfies all the requirements of Attach Phase.

I have created my own meal plan for week 1 here:

Day 1

Breakfast - I skipped breakfast because I woke up late. Made myself a nice cup of Superfruit green tea. In retrospect, I didn't think about the fact that there is pomegranate flavoring in my tea. Is that bad? Ah poo.

Lunch - I had 1 can of tuna with a tsp of Paul Newman's Olive Oil dressing.
Again, in retrospect, I didn't think the oil would be an issue. Ah poo.

Dinner - I will have a baked chicken breast with a side of broth and tofu. No oil or fat. Maybe a little salt and herbs to taste.

Snack - I would love a snack... but my cravings are for sugar. Maybe sweet tofu?
Just looked it up, I can have low fat dairy. So vanilla greek yogurt is a-go! Whoot whoot!

UPDATE:
Just read this excerpt in regards to Attack Phase span...

Attack Phase can last anything between 1 and 10 days as the exact length very much depends on what your long term ideal weight goal is.As a general rule of thumb, 1 day is enough for those wanting to lose less than 10 pounds, 2 days for weight losses of less than 20 pounds and 5 days for those who would like to shed between 20 and 40 pounds. -- http://www.dukandietmeals.co.uk/dukan-diet-attack-phase


Day 2

Breakfast - Eggwhite omelette with herbs.
Unsure if my nonstick pan will be nonsticky enough since I can't use oil. We'll see.


Lunch - Shrimp cocktail, tossed in lemon juice and herbs.

Dinner - Beef meat balls with tsatsiki sauce

Snack - Vanilla Greek yogurt


Day 3

Breakfast - Scrambled soft tofu 

Lunch - Baked basa with dill sauce

Dinner - Chicken soup

Snack - Dessert tofu

I think this will be ok for my Attack Phase since I only want to lose about 15lbs. Went to the grocery store just now and bought: chicken bones for soup, chicken breasts, ground turkey, basa filets (frozen, cheap), lean ground beef, cottage cheese, yogurt, tsatsiki sauce and coffee. 

Fingers crossed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment